Author Topic: Problem when starting TomCat  (Read 13133 times)

Support Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem when starting TomCat
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »
The line

agent.appStartClass=SMSlogin.class

should be

agent.appStartClass=SMSlogin

Please see other AjaxSwing properties files for example. Refer to AjaxSwing user guide for troubleshooting.

http://www.creamtec.com/products/ajaxswing/doc/customizing.html

ronson

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »
Any help please, I am totally stuck.

Thanks

Support Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 10:08:06 AM »
Have you tried the suggestion on appStartClass posted here? Are you getting the same error?

If you are having a hard time configuring the product yourself and you are evaluating for a commercial purpose, you can contact our Professional Services who can do all setup and configuration for you. Email us if you are interested.

ronson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 10:23:04 AM »
Hi,

I modified the mentioned line to reflect your suggestion, now it reads:

agent.appStartClass=SMSlogin
router.inProcess=false
agent.classPath=C\:\\AjaxSwing2.4.2\\wcapps\\lib\\SMSver2.jar;C\:\\AjaxSwing2.4.2\\wcapps\\lib\\classes

but I am getting the following error now:
Failed with exception (Exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError, SMSlogin (wrong name: examples/SMSlogin))

I am attaching  my Environment Information and my application properties file. My jar file (SMSver2.jar seems to be in the C:\AjaxSwing2.4.2\wcapps\lib\SMSver2.jar) so I don't know why the class is not loading!!

I placed my application jar file in C:\AjaxSwing2.4.2\wcapps\lib and all classes in C:\AjaxSwing2.4.2\wcapps\lib\classes (my main class resides in this folder named SMSlogin.class).

I followed the requirements on installation and running document, but still cannot figure out the solution.

Any ideas please, I really want to try to get the application running and appreciate alot all your support.

Thanks again.

ronson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:01 AM »
Hi another thing I noticed is that when I click on refresh in IE 7 the below message is being displayed:
No windows are visible. This can happen for a number of reasons, http://creamtec.com/products/ajaxswing/doc/troubleshooting.html#look_and_feel

Are there any suggestions that in your opinion I can try please,

Thanks

Support Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 01:15:43 PM »
Is your class in a package or without a package? You need to put package name in front of the class name. Attach your .jar if not sure.

Support Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
There were a number of problems with your application configuration file.

1. You've used agent.appStartClass=examples/SMSlogin but it should be agent.appStartClass=examples.SMSlogin
2. You've used agent.appStartWindow=SMSLogin which was not required, or could have been agent.appStartWindow=SMS_Login
3. agent.classPath=C\:\\AjaxSwing2.4.2\\wcapps\\lib\\SMSver2.jar;C\:\\AjaxSwing2.4.2\\wcapps\\lib\\classes\\examples\\SMSlogin.class
should be just agent.classPath=C\:\\AjaxSwing2.4.2\\wcapps\\lib\\SMSver2.jar

Once I made those changes I saw the login dialog.

I would highly recommend working with our Professional Services if you are working on a commercial application. Simple things like this can be done by us very quickly and you wouldn't have to spend days figuring it out on your own. If you buy a license you'll receive support for free and you'll help us improve the product and continue to provide technical support to you.

I have attached updated application properties file that you can use to run your application.